At Gobblefunked we’re passionate about children’s books and want to share this passion with the world! Founded in January 2013 by Linda Crosbie and Anne Whelton, Gobblefunked is a not-for-profit website with a team of book reviewers based in Ireland, the UK, Australia and the US.
Our aim is to help to take the stress out of choosing the perfect book for your little one, whether they are avid readers, who devour books, or reluctant readers who are struggling in school.
There is so much happening in the world of children’s publishing that it can be difficult as a parent, guardian or teacher to keep up with trends or knowing what classics are still worth a read.
Luckily, our team of reviewers have their fingers on the pulse of international children’s publishing, and can offer a glimpse into various emerging trends in children’s literature; from a new release in Melbourne to a rediscovered classic in Dublin and everything in between, there’s something for everyone at Gobblefunked!
What does the word ‘Gobblefunked’ mean?
When we were coming up with a name for our little site that would help encapsulate all that we wanted to achieve and say to the world we took inspiration from one of our favourite authors, Roald Dahl! We thought about delumptious fizzy frobscottle and whoopsey-splunkers; about having to eat swatchscollop and all the wonderful, magical words that make up ‘Gobblefunk’, Roald Dahl’s language.
Get reviewed on Gobblefunked
Are you an author, agent or publisher who would like to submit a book for review on Gobblefunked? Great! We’re always happy to receive copies of new or forthcoming titles for review. Please read our review policy in advance and fill out our review request form and we’ll be in touch!
- Winner of the silver medal in the ‘Best Books and Literature’ category at the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards 2016.
- Finalist for ‘Best Web Only Publication’ at the 2016 Realex Payments Web Awards.
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Arts and Culture Blog’ at the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards 2016.
- Finalist for ‘Best Web Only Publication’ and ‘Best Arts and Culture Blog’ at the 2015 Web Awards.
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Arts and Culture Blog’ at the 2015 Blog Awards.
- Finalist for ‘Best Design’ at the 2014 Blog Awards Ireland.
- Semi-finalist for ‘Best Arts Website’ at the 2014 Web Awards.